UPDATE, Wednesday, September 23, 2020: Boise Little Theater’s Board of Directors has decided based on the CDH orders and Ada County’s stage of the Idaho Rebounds plan that the musical “Winter Wonderettes” will not be produced this season.
Auditions for Boise Little Theater’s first “Cabernet Cabaret” fundraiser were virtual. Thank you to all who participated. Did you see it broadcast on our Facebook on Saturday, September 19, 2020? THANK YOU for making our first-ever, #CabCab a hit!
SEASON 73 AUDITIONS
Our shows are typically about a 3-month commitment from audition to strike. The rehearsal schedule is up to the director, but usually, they are about the same because most people in community theater are not free until after 5:00 pm. We usually reserve the weekends for building/painting the set and run rehearsals Monday through Friday from 7-9:00 pm, however that doesn’t necessarily mean you are there all that time. Many directors will group together scenes with the same characters in them and only call the actors in those scenes to rehearse. So, depending on your part, you could be at fewer rehearsals or be called to come in later than 7:00 pm or leave before 9:00 pm, etc. However, some directors ask the whole cast to be there the whole time. Directors might give you a calendar of rehearsals that is subject to change. Our advice is to show up for auditions with your calendar of conflicts (class/work schedule, dentist appointments, friend’s wedding, etc.) and check the audition sheet. Typically, the form you fill out lists the show’s performance dates (which are mandatory since we don’t usually use understudies/swings) and gives you a general idea of when that director is expecting to hold rehearsals. We realize this is a lot of “usually” and “typically,” but hopefully, that gives you a better idea of what kind of time commitment to expect when doing a show at Boise Little Theater. Thank you for your interest in creating theater with us!
Auditions were held at BLT from 2:00-5:00 pm, June 13 & 14, 2020.
- Bradley Campbell: Henry Condell
- Justin Tharpe: John Heminges
- Curtis Ransom: Richard Burbage/William Jaggard/Horatio
- Courtney Ransom: Elizabeth Condell/Fruit Seller/Marcellus
- Diana Holdridge: Rebecca Heminges/Anne Hathaway/Emilia Bassano Lanier
- Darin Vickery: Ralph Crane/Barman/Compositor/Francisco
- Suzi Kromer: Alice Heminges/Susannah Shakespeare
- David Ybarra: Ed Knight/Isaac Jaggard
- Isaac Green: Marcus/Boy Hamlet/Crier/Bernardo
- Jonathan Perry: Ben Jonson/Barman 2/Sir Edward Dering
Boise Little Theater did things a little differently for this audition and we thank all who came out! We were cautiously optimistic that if the stages of reopening continued as planned, we would be able to open our first show, “The Book of Will” by Lauren Gunderson, on time, September 4, 2020. Although we want to continue to educate and entertain our community we also want to be responsible community members. We asked our auditioners to support our little theater in this by altering their behavior for the benefit of community members who might need it. We are grateful that auditioners were very compliant with our requests. Unfortunately, since the CDH ordered Ada County back to Stage 3 on June 24, 2020, the rehearsal process of this play was halted and it will not be produced this season.
***Boise Little Theater’s Board of Directors has decided based on the CDH orders and stage of the Idaho Rebounds plan that Heathers the Musical will not be produced this season.***
Heathers: The Musical by Kevin Murphy and Laurence O’Keefe Director – Todd Ryan King Choreographer – Katie Shuter Rompala Musical Director – Decker Hinckley October 16-17, 22-25, 29-31, 2020 (Dark Musical Comedy; Ages 13+ strong language, alcohol, drugs, gunshots/gun violence, and intense adult themes such as suicide, murder, sexual acts)
***Boise Little Theater’s Board of Directors has decided based on the CDH orders and Ada County’s stage of the Idaho Rebounds plan that the musical “Winter Wonderettes” will not be produced this season.***
Winter Wonderettes by Roger Bean Directors – Greg Finley and Patti Finley November 27-29, December 3-6, 10-12, 2020 (Musical Comedy; All Ages) No auditions. BLT welcomes back the cast of “The Marvelous Wonderettes!”
by Michael Frayn
Director – Jeanna Vickery
January 15-16, 21-24, 28-30, 2021 (Farce; Ages 13+ language and adult situations)
Auditions in the BLT Green Room 2:00-5:00 pm, November 7 & 8, 2020. Please arrive before 3:00 pm. Nothing to prepare, auditions will consist of improv games and readings (not necessarily from this script) to demonstrate your English and/or Cockney accent (only 2 characters use Cockney). NOTE ON ACCENTS: A good English accent is NOT REQUIRED to get cast (but it helps). The Accent Kit is a free app with free samples. Other than the Cockneys, any UK geography will do. I would recommend RP (Received Pronunciation) or New RP because it is fairly neutral, but any British accent (besides Cockney) will work. For good Cockney examples, use the East End London speakers: https://theaccentkit.com/the-app/
- F (45-65): Dotty Otley – Veteran British actress playing Cockney housekeeper Mrs. Clacket.
- M (45-65): Lloyd Dallas – Sarcastic British director of Nothing’s On.
- M (25-35): Garry Lejeune – Anxious British actor playing real estate agent Roger Tramplemain.
- M (40-49): Frederick Fellows – Dimwitted British actor playing playwright Philip Brent and a Sheikh who looks just like Philip.
- F (30-39): Belinda Blair – Cheery British actress playing Philip’s wife, Flavia Brent.
- F (21-25): Brooke Ashton – Oblivious British actress playing Inland Revenue worker Vicki.
- F (25-35): Poppy Norton-Taylor – Emotional British assistant stage manager understudying Brooke. Pregnant with Lloyd’s child.
- M (65+): Selsdon Mowbray – Elderly Englishman who enjoys whiskey. Plays a Cockney burglar.
- M (18+): Tim Algood – Exhausted British stage manager understudying Selsdon and Freddie.
Five Women Wearing the Same Dress
by Alan Ball
Director – Wendy Koeppl
March 5-6, 11-14, 18-20, 2021 (“Slice of Life;” Ages 13+)
Auditions in the BLT Green Room from 2:00-5:00 pm, January 9 & 10, 2021.
God of Carnage
by Yasmina Reza
Director – Bradley Campbell
April 16-17, 22-25, 29-30, & May 1, 2021 (Dramatic Comedy; Ages 13+)
Auditions in the BLT Green Room from 2:00-5:00 pm, February 27 & 28, 2021.
A Midsummer Night’s Dream
by William Shakespeare
Director – Diana Holdridge
May 28-29, June 3-6, 10-12, 2021 (Comedy; All Ages)
Auditions in the BLT Green Room from 2:00-5:00 pm, April 3 & 4, 2021.